Pediatric HIV/AIDS Experts to Present at 17th ICASA Conference in Cape Town, South Africa
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE—Dec. 5, 2013
Racine Tucker-Hamilton: +1 202-492-2541 or email@example.com
Eric Kilongi: +254 735-702-701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pediatric HIV/AIDS Experts to Present at 17th International Conference on AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Africa
Experts from the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation are available for comments and media interviews
Experts from the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) will give oral presentations, moderate conference events, and exhibit a variety of educational posters and abstracts. Key dates:
Monday, Dec. 9 2013, 7:30 am – 9:30 am: When Children Need HIV Treatment Beyond First-Line: How Can We All Respond?
• Hosted by Janssen, the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson; EGPAF Lesotho Country Office Director, Dr. Appolinaire Tiam, will serve as a panelist
• Location: Southern Sun The Cullinan Hotel, Mezzanine Protea 1 & 2, One Cullinan Street, Cape Town Waterfront, Cape Town
Tuesday, Dec. 10 2013, 12 p.m.: Launch of the World Health Organization (WHO)’s Global Guidelines on HIV Testing and Counseling and Care and Treatment in Adolescents
• Hosted by the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) and WHO; featuring an EGPAF representative from Zambia, discussing her experience as an HIV-positive adolescent
• Location: The Westin Hotel, Ballroom West Convention Square, Lower Long Street, Cape Town
EGPAF experts will also be available for media questions and public comments on any breaking news and research presented at the conference related to these topics:
• Pediatric HIV/AIDS treatment
• Prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV
• HIV affected children
• Launch of WHO’s Global Guidance for HIV Testing and Counseling and Care for Adolescents Living With HIV
• Maternal and child health
• Health system strengthening
Daily updates and a full list of presentations and poster sessions featuring EGPAF staff are available here.
WHEN: Dec. 7-11, 2013
WHERE: Cape Town International Convention Center (CTICC)
1 Lower Long Street
Cape Town, South Africa
WHO: Experts from the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), including:
• Charles Lyons, president and CEO
• Dr. Anja Giphart, vice president of program implementation
• Mary Pat Kieffer, senior director of technical leadership development
• Appolinaire Tiam, country director, Lesotho
WHY: Held every two years, ICASA is the largest International HIV/AIDS conference to take place in Africa. EGPAF experts will be able to offer perspectives on progress toward achieving an AIDS-free generation and on breaking news related to efforts to eliminate pediatric HIV/AIDS infections worldwide.
CONTACT: To schedule an interview in-person or via phone with the experts listed above or any of EGPAF’s conference presenters, please contact Racine Tucker Hamilton at email@example.com or
+1 202-492-2541 or Eric Kilongi at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254 735-702-701.
About the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF):
EGPAF is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/AIDS and has reached more than 17 million women with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies. It currently works at more than 6,800 sites and in 15 countries to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, visit www.pedaids.org.