The EGPAF Culture
Mission and Vision
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation seeks to end global pediatric HIV/AIDS through prevention and treatment programs, research, and advocacy. Our vision is a world in which children and families live free from HIV/AIDS.
What struck me in my first few days at EGPAF was how devoted everyone is to the mission. Staff truly internalize that all our work contributes to ending global pediatric HIV and AIDS. Kiley, Country Officer for Côte d’Ivoire (with EGPAF since 2017)
Core Values and Key Operating Principles
In order to expeditiously accomplish our mission and maximize our impact, we continuously strive for excellence and efficiency in our work to best meet the needs of the populations that we serve and foster a positive organizational culture that will ensure our success. We emphasize strong management principles throughout the organization, hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, and administer funds responsibly as a good steward.
What I value most about working for EGPAF is the people. My colleagues are hardworking, supportive, collaborative, passionate, and kind. People are always willing to answer a question or give advice. Kim, Associate Program Officer (with EGPAF since 2015)
We ensure value for donor resources through utilization of structured, systematic planning and analysis approaches across our work areas, and we maintain strong internal controls and compliance systems. Furthermore, we actively promote a passionate, productive, and engaged staff to accelerate progress towards ending HIV/AIDS in children.
At the heart of our approach is a set of core organizational values and operating principles that guide our work in pursuit of our mission and goals:
- Passion. The Foundation began with a mother’s love for her children. That passion—embodied in each member of EGPAF’s hardworking staff and partners— continues to guide EGPAF’s work around the world
- Innovation. The Foundation is committed to identifying new solutions and approaches to achieve our mission quickly and efficiently and to be nimble in moving new innovations to the locations and families most affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Teamwork. The Foundation believes that working together is the only way to end pediatric HIV/AIDS—internally and through partnerships with national and local governments, civil society organizations, our affiliated organizations, donors, researchers, and the communities we serve.
- Leadership. The Foundation has transformed from its humble beginnings around a kitchen table to a global force in the fight against HIV/AIDS. EGPAF strives to rally global, national, and local partners to rapidly, effectively, and efficiently achieve the Foundation’s mission.
- Integrity. The Foundation approaches its work ethically with honesty, transparency, and accountability. The Foundation demands the highest ethical standards from our staff and partners in support of our important mission, the vulnerable populations that we serve, and the precious donor resources that we steward.
- Excellence. The Foundation strives to recruit, develop, and retain a world-class workforce that is best suited to achieve our mission, recognizing the necessity for evolving staff expertise to maximize our impact as the epidemic and operating environment continue to change. EGPAF provides high-quality, efficient services in every aspect of its work and challenges its staff members and partners to achieve the greatest possible impact and value from their efforts.
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work, and enhances our impact and effectiveness. Differences in knowledge, approach and perspective are a source of innovation and learning, and strengthen the quality of organizational decision-making. Embracing diversity at EGPAF means valuing, respecting and learning from each person’s unique qualities and abilities in order to fulfill and strengthen our vision and mission.
We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential, regardless of their gender, race, color, ethnic origin, disability, medical condition, age, sex, gender expression, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic identity, veteran or military status or any other protected classification.
I couldn’t ask for better coworkers! It means so much to come to work every day with such a dedicated and enthusiastic group of people. I also really value the opportunity for learning and development that I’ve had here at EGPAF. Whether it’s attending a training or taking on a project, I’m always learning something new. Liane, Jr. Software Developer (with EGPAF since 2014)