We're Nominated for a Webby Award!
Evan Von Leer
April 15, 2011
We have some great news and thought right here on our blog was the place to announce it. We found out earlier this week that we've been nominated for Best Public Service/Activism Video in the 15th annual Webby Awards
! (We are one of five finalists out of thousands of entries in our category.) Our video, The Time to Eliminate Pediatric AIDS is Now, tells the story of the Foundation and highlights our mission. Produced by Long Story Short
, it was released in 2010 in tandem with the launch of our new website and this blog.
Presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, the Webby Awards are sort of like the Academy Awards of Internet video, advertising, and interactive content. Other nominees this year include actors Jim Carrey (best individual performance
) and Zach Galifianakis (best web series
), Arcade Fire (music group
), and late-night hosts Conan O’Brien and Jimmy Fallon—some good company
We’re actually up for two Webby Awards:
- The first is an award voted on by a panel of judges with specific expertise in the film and video arena.
- The second is voted on by you, the general public. And we need your help!
We’re up against some pretty stiff competition in our category: one video features Alec Baldwin
and Jesse Tyler Ferguson
(Mitchell from ABC’s Modern Family); another is narrated by Jeremy Irons—the voice of Scar in Disney’s The Lion King
(that is a good voice); a third was produced by an award-winning multimedia production studio with a stable of top video and interactive designers; and the last entry in our category tackles the incredibly difficult subject of domestic violence.
So this is where you, our amazing supporters, come in. We need you to vote
. You can only vote once, so why not just do it now?
Here are the steps. Don’t worry--it sounds far more complicated than it is. In fact, it probably took you longer to read this post than it will for you to vote!
- Step 1: Click here - http://bit.ly/EGPAFwebby
- Step 2: Click "Register to Vote" under the video that says "The Time to Eliminate Pediatric AIDS is Now"
- Step 3: Log in using Facebook or Twitter, or register as a user on The Webby Awards site.
- Step 4: Go to the Online Film and Video section (top of your page) --> Public Service and Activism category (top of third column)
- Step 5: Vote for "The Time to Eliminate Pediatric AIDS is Now"
Thank you to everyone who logs on and votes. We can’t tell you how much we appreciate it. If you did vote, we’d love to hear why in the comments section below.
Oh, and don’t forget to pass this blog along to your friends and family and encourage them to vote.
You can watch the full-length video here:
The Time to Eliminate Pediatric AIDS is Now from EGPAF on Vimeo.
Evan Von Leer is an Online Communications Officer at the Foundation, based in Washington, D.C.